Friday, August 3, 2007

Santa Lucia


Don’t you remember the fights we had?

I miss you so

Together we fought the world

And fought each other will pillows and thrown clothes

You told me I could never catch you

I told you you will fly away

Now I stare at the empty cupboard

Even our shoelaces were tied together

Who will fly kites with me?

I never knew where you ended, where I begun

Saturday afternoon at the pictures I would play on your tresses

Felt you tremble under my palm

Let’s sail to santa lucia

Where the white sails furl

Lets; know each other all over again

Where the blue waters pray in penitence before the endless sands

And the waves spray the halcyon’s nest

Meet for a cup of tea

(I’ll know you by your bandaged thighs)

it’s never too late to miss you again

like after we met the very first time

and you won my heart before I could bat my eye

you couldn’t ignore the language of my eyes

let’s sail to santa lucia

to santa lucia where they make they brew the best nights.


~~scio amo

No comments: