Thursday, March 13, 2008

A field of grapes
The moon, a glass of wine
And you pressed against my brow
A midnight ritual
A sealed letter, a secret wink unwillingly
Stolen
Don’t talk to me of letters, don’t break your vow
To stay with me
Now and forever
You are all I have, this rising pillar of fire
You break through symbols encrusted on glass

I make love to you over broken words, roses torn
You prowl on me, I trip over a stack of books
My thighs inscribe the turns of your tongue
I love, you catch my tongue,
I speak.
(I cannot speak unless I love).

Seems the four winds rise from your navel
And the night swirls in the sorrow of your eyes
I nick your shoulder, you laugh
And the Sun rises.
Like blood
On a bullfighter’s chest.
What care I if the world has drowned or not,
If you are there by my side,
You and I are enough for the ark.
All shall bloom in spring’s field of grapes
And men shall come out of their caves
All shall bloom in Adonis’ garden
And stare and stare at the blinding light
But none shall know you so well as me,
My love
My all.

You look at me
Wearing nothing but your smile.

Throwing off the drapes and sheets
Crumpled by your warm sighs
Lover mine, I think
The sun rises every day from our bed.
Even as I laze on your arm.


Scio amo

No comments: