Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I dive into pools of fire
Your eyes are cool green pools of flame
If hell can bring so much pleasure
Where turtle doves make their nests
What need have I of heaven?
Even the sun blushes when you rise from bed,
And night flees like a girl who has seen too much
Your looks are as harsh as Judgment day,
I uncover my neck to the executioner’s axe.
The muezzin calls you the compassionate one.
Either he knows nothing or he lies to win your favor.
You have set fire to my senses,
When I saw you I lit mine own funeral pyre.
I know nothing, only I feel a pain I cannot explain
Even when I am in the company of my friend.
I am a prisoner of my pain, the evening breeze
Holds me captive by a broken heart
To the hell you made only for me and you.
I am a fool, so I take pleasure in the marks on my wrist
And come as you fan the wounds on my neck
You bit yourself to stifle my cry.
You closed my mouth, so I speak.
You save me, I die (perverse me),
From a surfeit of pleasure.

April 27th

Scio Amo

No comments: