Tuesday, April 8, 2008

You are the infinite sky.
I rush out to open every window to meet you.
I make love to you in every room so that everyone can see us.
I fear no blame.
You are the starless chest of the night, the sunlit heaven shaking oiled locks.

I fear no evil when you are with me,
You who are the cause of everything,
Not a blade of grass can perish except in your love,
No wound but that made by your teeth.

I tell you I love you in the sunshine, I tell you in the rain
You only smile, say nothing, yet you love me more than I ever
Could.
How can you show so much in just a wink?
The sun I think smiles to me and the clouds hold my hand
The world is a garden, I swing from the four horizons
You are everywhere, we’ll never be apart

Let the neighbor girls say what they will
I have hung out the soiled sheets to dry in the monsoon breeze

You are everywhere, I whirl, I run from you to you
Everywhere your hands, everywhere your smile
All is you, all is in you
Still I move apart and say, in my foolish pride,
I love you
I love you my love
I love you so.


~~Scio Amo

No comments: