Sunday, May 20, 2007

How are you?...you asked me


How are you?...you asked me
I am fine…I said

How much pain does it take to break a hope
How much is the heart of a man worth?

I don’t know..i don’t want to know
Today I just want to be free

Silence all round me… I danced when I found
Your eyes all around me

But now I will be free..free to die
Don’t save me..dont give me a false hope

I will run through the fields today
Fields untouched by axe and plough
But the green rice grows in them, and golden corn,
And no man toils

The boys are running today
Can’t you see the silver festoons… untimely holiday
No one to beat them…
To their home they will go
To the green forests, and the green fields where golden corn grows
Untouched, unripe

I shall be free today… you will not touch me
Don’t tell me what’s sin… your eyes all around me
I will dance with myself tonight
My hand on my heart, I will forget you

Let my soul be blank…heart don’t betray me
Courage don’t leave me… all the pain that I have felt
Dig a grave for me a thousand feet deep
Where I can lie
Side by side with my hope.. a tinsel princess
My bride…

You never loved me… why did you pretend?
Why did you say you will never leave me?...
Beautiful stranger, leave a rose for me
In my grave, my nuptial bed…

Adeus…you said you will never leave me
Yet not one word did you say…not one thing to show
You cared…
I wont complain

Just let me be alone tonight
Just let me be free
Like those boys running home, their ties unloosed
And sweat on their cheeks,,,

~~by scio amo
copyright 2007...lol

No comments: